Cinnamon is one of the oldest and healthiest spices. It is a small tree that grows in India, Shree Lanka, Vietnam, Brazil, and Egypt. There are two types of cinnamon: Casia and Ceylon. It’s made of the bark of the cinnamon tree, then dried and rolled into small sticks, that you used to buy and use as a spice. Cinnamon can also be ground into a powder. It has a specific aroma and flavor.
Besides using in cooking and adding it to dishes in order to make them more delicious and special, you should know about cinnamon health benefits. Every spice, besides its qualities to improve the flavor of foods, possesses certain characteristics that influence your mood, state and health.
Now we suggest you a list of benefits of cinnamon:
- Its natural sweet taste helps people to reduce their sugar intake. Cinnamon slows the rate at which the stomach empties after meals, reducing the rise in blood sugar after eating.So it may be as a part of the program of your diet. It can make cinnamon the perfect option for diabetics or pre diabetics.
- It reduces the cholesterol levels.
- Cinnamon has a favorable effect on brain function and memory.
- It is one of the top seven anti-oxidants in the world.
- Helps you to lose weight, as it can be used instead of sugar. Cinnamon has the effect of thinning your blood thereby increasing blood circulation. Increased blood flow boosts your metabolism, that also helps you in weight loss.
- It has an anti- fungal effect. According to theNational Institutes of Health, Cassia cinnamon contains cinnamaldehyde – a chemical, that can help fight against bacterial and fungal infections.
- Cinnamon boosts the brain activity.
- It is an excellent source of manganese, fiber and calcium. These elements improve colon health and protect against heart disease.
- Cinnamon oil has an effective anti microbial and anti-bacterial activity.
- It also acts like cancer preventer. Cinnamon oil is a good solution in the treatment of Tumors, Gastric Cancers and Melanomas.
- Cinnamon Oil is an effective treatment against three strains of Candida, Candida albicans, Candida tropicalis, and Candida krusei.
- It is used to help treat muscle spasms, vomiting,diarrhea, infections, the common cold, loss of appetite, and erectile dysfunction.
Cinnamon benefits are so effective and great, that we are sure that the list of the useful properties of this spice is much longer. You can even add it combined with a carrier oil to you bath and relax after a stressful and hard day.
Before taking cinnamon as a supplement always consult a doctor. Some people may have an allergic reaction to this product.