Rosemary is an evergreen, fragrant herb, that has many benefits. Rosmarinus is native to the Mediterranean region and Asia and is commonly used as a spice in culinary. But due to its medicinal properties and health benefiting phyto-nutrients, anti-oxidants, and essential acids, the medical valueof rosemary herb is widespread all over the world. Traditionally it was used to help alleviate muscle pain, improve memory, boost the immune and circulatory system, and promote hair growth.
Nowadays almost everyone knows about rosemary tea benefits. Rosemary tea is a wonderful natural way to:
– help support your digestion, indigestion, it’s an effective herbal treatment for dyspepsia and spasmodic digestive complaints. Be sure of rosemary tea benefits in gastrointestinal disorders, as it has been approved by the German Commission E;
– promote cognitive function or in other words improve person’s ability to process thoughts. So it works as a brain booster, supporting circulation to the brain and preventing such diseases as Alzheimer’s;
– protect the body from heart disease and cancer, acting as an antioxidant;
– acts like antiseptic. It is recommended to use rosemary tea as a topical treatment for eczema and other skin rashes. What’s interesting, that rosemary contains camphor, which is also one of the best rosemary health benefits in the relief of sore muscles. You can apply it topically or add to the bath.
– helps to facilitate headache, colds, and depression.
Fresh leaves of rosemary are useful either. They are rich in vitamins A, C, such minerals as potassium, calcium, iron, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
Rosemary oil contains essential oil such as camphene, cineol, borneol, bornyl acetate and other esters. These compounds of rosemary oil have tonic, astringent, diaphoretic, and stimulant properties. Its oil is also used externally to soothe painful ailments in gout, rheumatism and neuralgic conditions.
You can also apply rosemary herb extractions over the scalp to stimulate the hair-bulbs and help prevent premature baldness and also scurf and dandruff.
So, as we can see there is a great number of rosemary health benefits. But you should also remember that before using any herbal supplement, you should consult a health care professional. In toxic doses, rosemary may cause kidney dysfunction, and exacerbate existing neurological conditions like epilepsy, neuroses. Pregnant woman should be careful in eating rosemary herb in large numbers, as it may cause miscarriage.