TOP 20 PLANTS FOR YOUR MEDICINAL GARDEN
If you like gardening, and care about your health; then having your own MEDICINAL GARDEN might be a good idea.
Here is the list of 20 herbs you can grow on your own medicinal garden and their properties:
1. Oregano helps to treat various women’s diseases. But it’s not recommended to use oregano in large quantities forpregnant women.
2. Agrimony tea helps with hoarseness and cracking the voice that occurs in singers and speakers, it is good as a cholereticafter taking a heavy meal.
3. Primrose can be used along with its roots in the form of a decoction to treat a painful cough.
4. Sticky Catchfly is a nice remedy, which prevents from the kidney stone formation.
5. Angelica is used to tone the body.
6. Meadow Cranesbill reduces different kinds of pain. Of course before using this plant, it is important to know the cause of the pain.
7. Motherwort strengthens the heart. But you’ll have to go on the market to find its seedlings.
8. Sunflower lowers the blood pressure. Ten grams of powdered sunflower petals should be taken three times a day.
9. Marsh cudweed has a slightly weaker effect than sunflower. It grows in the garden, like a weed.
10. Bidens is traditionally used to treat allergy. However, it also can be used for colds, as an antipyretic and for digestiveproblems. But remember, it should be cut as soon the yellow flowers appear.
11. Salsify is a quite decorative plant. Its leaves look like lily and dandelion leaves. It’s one of the most effective plants in thetreatment of kidneys.
12. Thistle is irreplaceable when having low blood pressure. The appearance of this plant is quite daunting – all four sides of the stem and leaves are covered with thorns. But if you collect them using cotton gloves, barbs can be avoided. Thistle is used in case of violations of the pelvic organs and depression.
13. Wormwood is effective for treating digestive problems (heartburn).Take a wormwood leaf and pour it with a glass of boiled water, after 15 min. your tincture is ready to drink. A slice of lemon will reduce the bitterness. Feel the warm feeling in your stomach and if the illness hasn’t an organic character, the heartburn will disappear.
14. Dragon’s head is a highly recommended plant to grow in your garden. Dragon’s head tea is very helpful, delicious and aromatic. This plant improves liver activity, so it is recommended to take it after suffering liver inflammation and in case of an acute stage.
15. Saint Mary’s Thistle is the best one in treating liver problems. The powder of its seeds is used to make such remedies as Legalon and Silibar. Thistle is also used for stomach poisoning.
16. Common toadflax is effective in case of violation of intestinal activity with constipation. It also improves the tone of veins, helps to treat hemorrhoids and inflammation of varicose veins. Toadflax it is one of the most decorative wildflowers. It grows in damp places, has bright yellow flowers and a spicy aroma.
17. Common sage is used to boost the immune system and prevent colds, as well as to enhance memory. But it has some side effects, which sometimes may turn into something positive, it reduces transpiration and lactation. However, nursing mothers and workers are not recommended to use it.
18. Heartsease (Viola tricolor) enhances appetite, stimulates metabolism and helps to treat skin diseases. You can use field pansy instead of heartsease. It grows in large quantities as a weed.
19. Tormentil is irreplaceable in your garden. It is used to treat various types of bleeding and diarrhea. This plant likes sandy soil.
20. Dwarf everlast is very popular choleretic remedy, which also helps in the process of choleresis.
Wild plants can be cultivated. But it’s necessary to bear in mind that, for example, swamp plants don’t like sandy soil or vice versa. Remember what conditions are better for your plant: more sun or shade. To succeed in gardening you have to provide natural habitat for plants. Shade plants can successfully grow in the sun. But in this case active substances and therapeutic effect of the plants may be changed.