How to use, and benefits of Swedish Bitters - Schwedenbitter
How to use, and benefits of Swedish Bitters – Schwedenbitter.
It is recommended that each individual take a teaspoon of Swedish Bitters two to four times daily in a glass of herbal tea or water to prevent the onset of a multitude of ailments. The bitters can be used as a treatment for a long list of illnesses as well including skin irritation, aches, pneumonia, jaundice, and more. It can also be use for bruises, skin problems and wounds, circulatory insufficiency, digestive complaints, sluggish digestion, insomnia, sprains and joint inflammation.
- Skin to be treated should first be carefully greased with something like marigold or calendula ointment, so that there will be no irritation to the skin from using Swedish Bitters.
- Soak a cotton ball in Swedish Bitter and apply it to the area that needs a treatment. Dispose used cotton piece after each application, to avoid the contamination.
- The cotton ball soaked in Swedish Bitters can be left applied on the treated skin area for 2-4 hours by securing it with a gauze bandage over the wound depending on the symptoms, or even for all night. After removing the cotton ball, let the skin air dry. If your skin is very sensitive and irritable, leave cotton ball on the treated area of the skin for shorter time. Do NOT forget to apply ointment to the skin.
- You can also use Swedish Bitters to alleviate all kids of inflammations. Apply the Sweden Bitters mixture to the affected areas, such as pimples, wounds, bruises and contusions.
- If you are suffering from a sinus infection , apply and rub Swedish Bitters onto your forehead and over the bridge of your nose several times a day. The essential oils in the combination of herbs help kill the bacteria causing the infection; they also thin the mucus clogging the sinuses to aid drainage.
- If you have hemorrhoids, apply diluted Swedish bitters several times a day. Before bedtime, soak a cotton ball in a mixture of water and the Swedish Bitters elixir and secure it in place. You can also take 1 tsp. of the herb blend at night.
- If you suffer from tonsillitis, use the germicidal properties of Swedish Bitters to fight infections. Mix 1 tsp. of Swedish Bitters elixir with warm water and gargle twice a day.
- If you need to improve your digestion or ease stomach cramps or constipation, take 2 tsp. of Swedish bitters in the morning and evening before meals. Do not take more then 2-3 tablespoons of a Swedish Bitters a day.
- The 2-3 tablespoons a day may be taken as follows: 1 tablespoon with drink diluted with 1 / 8 liter elixir, half hour before and half an hour after a meal.
- Mix 1 tsp. of Swedish bitters with water or herbal tea to benefit from its blood-purifying and soothing properties and to treat skin problems, gastric bloating, gall bladder diseases and heartburn.
Please Note: The aloe in Swedish bitters can act like a laxative. If this is a problem, mix the bitters without aloe. Pregnant women should also avoid Swedish Bitters because it can cause uterine contractions.