HERBS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Since ancient times phytotherapy was used in the treatment of many diseases and helped in solving various problems, including overweight. Today herbs are used not only to promote health, but also for attaining beautiful and slender look. Along with herbs you can use other methods to get rid of extra pounds – fasting, diet and fitness. In addition, herbs will help you not only to lose weight, but also to cleanse the body from toxins, normalize bowel function and digestive system.
TYPES OF HERBS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
All the herbs for weight loss can be divided into several types – depending on their actions and effects:
- herbs, which reduce appetite and suppress hunger: linseed, marshmallow root, spirulina algae, bladderwrack, angelica archangelica, etc;
- herbs that normalize the digestive system and helps cleanse the intestines: parsley, anise, dill, buckthorn and its bark, fennel, etc;
- herbs with bile and diuretic effect: bloodroot goose, knot-grass, horsetail, pinemat manzanita, milk thistle, dandelion, strawberry leaves, tansy, barberry, corn silk, etc;
- herbs that have laxative effects: senna, buckthorn, anise, yarrow, dill, chamomile, bogbean etc;
- herbs, which normalize metabolism: coltsfoot, nettle, birch leaves, elder flowers, etc;
- herbs that help to enhance the flow of energy: rosemary, ginger, red pepper, turmeric and others.
All herbs for weight loss can be brewed individually or combined in herbal teas, which should include components from different groups described above.
- Do not take herbal infusions haphazardly, in unlimited quantities – it can lead to undesirable consequences in the form of prolonged intestinal disorders, or allergic reaction.
- Any herbal infusion should not be taken for a long time. The process of losing weight with the help of herbs, as well as diet, should be divided into courses.
- An average course of treatment should last for about 1.5-2 months. Then take a break.
- If you are going to lose weight using herbs, be ready – the process of weight loss will be slow, you will lose about 500-800 grams per week. But the result will be longer than you used to get from diets.
HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT USING HERBS
Losing weight with the help of herbs may have different aims, as the loss of extra pounds may be not always the result of reducing the amount of body fat stores. Different types of herbs help to cleanse the body from toxins, excess fluid, improve metabolism, decrease appetite. To achieve good results it is better to use complex approach and choose multi-herbal drink. Then the body will gradually begin the healing process, including cleansing, losing weight, and health promotion processes. This approach allows you not only to lose weight, but also to put in order many body systems (the kidneys and liver, digestive system, metabolism). It’s important to cook herbal infusions every day, they should be always fresh. Alternation of herbal mixes is the most effective way to lose weight (do it every week).
Herbs for weight loss are used not only in the form of decoctions, infusions, teas, but also as useful components for taking bath. Regular bath with infusion of coltsfoot cleans pores, sebaceous glands, improves skin complexion, reduces cellulite. Bath with a decoction of plantain, oregano and birch leaves tightens the skin and helps the body to cope easily with diets.
- Mix 20 g of dandelion root, 20 g of fennel fruit, 60 g of buckthorn root, 20 g of parsley fruit. Pour 4 tbsp. of the mixture with 1 liter of boiling water, leave for an hour. Take 1 glass 3-4 times a day before meals.
- Mix 40 g of yarrow, 20 g of cystoseira barbata, 40 g of St. John’s wort. Pour 4 tbsp. of this mixture with 1 liter of boiling water, leave for an hour, take 5 times a day for 0.5 cups after meals.
- Mix 60 g of blackberry leaves, 20 g of birch leaves, 10 g of coltsfoot leaves, 20 g of corn silk, 10 g of the seine. Pour 2 tbsp. of the mixture with 0.5 liters of boiling water, leave for a few hours. Drink 0.5 cups in the morning before breakfast and before lunch.
- Mix 20 g of seine, 20 g of parsley, 20 grams of dandelion, 20 grams of nettle, 10 grams of Italian fennel, 10 grams of mint. Pour 3 tbsp. of the mixture with 1 liter of boiling water, leave for 3 hours. Take 1 cup 4 times a day before meals.
- Mix 40 g of buckthorn bark, 20 g of chamomile flowers, 10 g of crushed flax seeds, 10 g of fennel seeds. Pour 4 tbsp. of herbs with 1 liter of boiling water, leave for two hours and take 1 cup 5 times a day on an empty stomach.
Despite the fact that most herbs are considered to have mild effect, unlike diets or dietary supplements they may have side effects. So before you start taking herbal infusions, teas or tinctures, you should consult with a doctor to find out if there are any contraindications for you.
It is definitely contraindicated to lose weight using herbs for people with chronic liver, kidney, gastrointestinal tract diseases, during pregnancy – some herbs may promote miscarriage. If you have a tendency to allergies – start taking small doses and monitor the state of your body. Stop taking herbs immediately if any signs of allergies – rash, shortness of breath or coughing are present
Be beautiful and healthy!