HERBS FOR ANXIETY
Many of us are familiar with the situation when it’s impossible to focus on something, you're tired, but can not sleep, you feel headache and tension in the eye area. Hypnotics and sedatives - not the best way to relax, because constant use of them can harm the body. In order to avoid stressful situations, there is no need to take antidepressants, in this case best antidepressants are calming herbs.
Such herbs are definitely better than chemicals, as they have virtually no side effects and addiction. But we used to take pills and after 20 minutes forget about the problem, herbs work in another way. Be ready, herbs do not act immediately. Herbal remedies require systematic approach. You will feel the effect after a long regular use. Brace up yourself and make brewing of herbal teas your daily ritual, herbs will become your best antidepressant remedies, which will normalize your mental and physical condition.
Herbs with calming effect are better to collect and cultivate yourself to be sure of their quality. If this is not possible - not a problem, they can always be found in drugstores, today manufacturers offer a wide range of herbal teas. St. John's wort, peppermint, chamomile, thyme, valerian - our daily assistants and best antidepressants.
- St. John's Wort is known as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent, it also possesses calming properties. St. John's Wort helps to reduce anxiety and depression.
- Peppermint contains many trace elements, reduces tension and improves sleep. Pour 1 tsp. of dried mint leaves with boiled water and add honey.
- Chamomile perfectly calms the nervous system, relieves muscle tension. You can drink chamomile tea at any time of the day.
- Thyme has a calming and mild soporific effect. Pour 2 tsp of thyme with 1 cup of boiling water and infuse for 10 minutes. Drink it in the afternoon or overnight.
- Valerian is the most popular and effective herb for anxiety and stress. The roots of this plant contain isolated acid, volatile alkaloids and other substances that altogether relieve irritability and anxiety. Even the long-term use of this herb does not affect the reaction rate and the activity of the brain. Valerian does not cause addiction and drowsiness. Valerian decoctions and infusions can be safely used in stressful situations.
- Adonis herb has not only the calming effect on the nervous system, but also increases the vitality of the whole organism. To prepare the decoction, take 10 grams of the herb and pour with 100 ml of boiled water, drink 1 tbsp. 3 times a day.
- Veronica herb helps to relieve all nervous disorders. Brew 1-2 tbsp. in a teapot. Strain and drink the tea.
- Try composition of this mixture of herbs: Melilotus officinalis, oregano, blackberries, peppermint, rose hips (3:5:3:2:4). Pour 1 tsp of the resulting mixture with boiling water and infuse for 30 minutes. Add honey if you like. Drink 1 glass 2 times a day.
- Take advantage of this proven mix: pour 1 tbsp of thyme, lemon balm, motherwort, chamomile, St. John's wort with a glass of boiling water and infuse for 15 minutes, add honey and drink overnight.
- Infuse and drink as a tea mixture of leaves of wild strawberry, blackberry, fireweed, black currant, wild rose and thyme (mix herbs in equal parts).
- Calming tea: mix peppermint, bogbean leaves, valerian root, hop cones (2:2:1:1). Pour 2 tbsp. of this mixture with 1 cup of boiling water. Infuse for 20 minutes and drink ½ cup in the morning and evening.
- Perfect tea for insomnia: lavender, veronica, violet, lemon balm, barberry fruit. Mix herbs in equal parts. Pour 1 tsp. of the mixture with a glass of boiled water. Drink this tea overnight.
- To get rid of nervousness and irritability, cook the following tea. Mix equal parts of motherwort, mugwort, valerian root, licorice root, chamomile and peppermint. Pour 1 tsp. of this mix with a cup of boiling water and infuse for an hour. Drink ½ cup 3 times a day. To enhance the effect, add honey.
- Calming tea for children: taken in equal parts chamomile flowers, licorice, marshmallow root and wheatgrass. Pour 2 tbsp. with 200 ml of water and simmer for 20 minutes. Then strain and give your child 1 tsp. overnight, adult child dose can be increased to 2 tbsp.
Even the aroma of herbs can reduce tension and improve health. You can make a pillow with dry herbs and put it near your head. For this purpose you may try primrose, lily flowers, valerian, elderberries, cloves, hops, lavender, mint, lemon balm.