6 FANTASTIC NATURAL SHAMPOO RECIPES
Most of our readers probably have heard about the harm of SLS, parabens and other chemicals contained in cosmetics. Believe or not, chemicals are accumulated in the body and may cause diseases. If you look for evidences, pay attention to the independent research of Dr. Epstein's anti-cancer coalition, which resulted that a lot of our cosmetics ingredients are classified as hazardous toxins.
You may fool yourself into believing that according to advertising your shampoo makes hair strong and shiny. But the truth is that shampoo is only a shampoo, its function - to clean hair. The rest of the care - masks and balms, massage - the result of your efforts and only these procedures will help you to have beautiful long hair.
Shampoo can make your hair spectacular, yes, for example, with the help of silicone, which is not beneficial for the hair. It’s up to you of course. In any case, cheap shampoos are too aggressive, natural organic are often very expensive. However, hair can be very easily cared with improvised safe remedies. We offer you a simple and safe replacement of common shampoos. Your super individual and effective - homemade shampoo, which can also be used for washing the whole body.
HOW TO START
Making shampoo at home takes time of course, but be ready that the result will please you as much as the process of creating your ideal shampoo. The smell of herbs and essential oils, the mystical process of mixing these unique components will take you the world of nature. You may also use another cheap and natural remedies, which may be found in your fridge!
There are many natural components you may try, making shampoo: baking soda, mustard powder, rye bread, herbs, oils, eggs, lemon juice, gelatin, honey, vinegar. It may sound strange, but these amazing ingredients really work wonders.
Baking soda is generally unique phenomenon in our lives. This cheap ingredient could replace gels and shampoos, used in cleaning and laundry, but what is most surprising, soda is used as a remedy for healing the whole body!
Soda has alkaline content that’s why in dissolved form it is a perfect remedy for hair and body wash (it’s even a little soapy). It neutralizes acids, which are released through the skin. It is not only safe for the skin, but also very useful! (Remember that you have to maintain an acidic environment of the scalp, so do not forget to rinse your hair with water and lemon juice). It’s enough to use soda for your hair twice a month. And now the way you can use it:
1. For medium length and thickness, you will need only one tablespoon of baking soda. Dissolve it in hot water, and then add some cold water to a comfortable temperature. The volume of solution is 1 cup. Apply the solution on wet hair, massage gently and spread it over the entire length. Then rinse your hair with acidified water.
Mustard is successfully used not only as a spice, but as a natural home remedy for hair care. It is commonly used for hair growth, but only few people know that it cleans hair from the dirt, without using any shampoos. Mustard really accelerates hair growth by heating the scalp that stimulates hair follicles. It is a perfect remedy for oily hair and is not recommended for people with dry scalp skin, as it may irritate it. And here’s the recipe:
2. You will need mustard powder, nothing else. Dilute 1 tablespoon of mustard powder in two liters of water (it’s better to do it in a basin) rinse your hair in it. Then rinse it thoroughly with clean water.
Egg yolk is recommended for dry hair. Surprisingly, it not only cleanse your hair, but also make it soft and shiny. Egg yolk is a wonderful moisturizing and nourishing remedy for dry hair. Have a look at this simple recipe:
3. Take 1-2 egg yolks according to the hair length (for extra dry hair you may add a few drops of olive oil) . Massage your hair and scalp and then rinse with water + lemon juice or vinegar. You will be happy to see the result!
Rye bread is rich in vitamin B, the lack of which leads to excessive hair loss, slowing its growth, seborrhea, greasy hair roots, and vice versa - their desiccation. Undoubtedly, rye bread includes other vitamins, macro and micronutrients, which have positive effect on the condition of the hair. Hair masks and shampoos with rye bread help to prevent or even stop hair loss, increase the rate of its growth, normalize lipid balance of the scalp, gently cleanse and remove excess sebum, and strengthen the hair. How to use it:
4. Take a few pieces of bread without crust. Crumble the bread in a bowl and pour with hot water. Leave it for a while to brew, swell and cool. It turns to mush. Apply it on the hair and massage into the roots. You can use this “shampoo” as a mask and leave it on the hair for a while. Rinse the hair with water and enjoy your clean, volume and soft hair without dandruff!
Clay is one of the most useful natural remedies for hair. It nourishes the roots, gently cleanses and heals, gives volume and shine. There are several types of clay, which are used in pure form for preparing hair masks and shampoos. Nowadays white, black, green, pink and blue clay are actively used for hair care. However they all have different properties: white clay cleanse and dry out the scalp skin; black - normalizes blood circulation and strengthens the hair; green - prevents aging of cells and removes dandruff; pink clay has disinfecting properties and is recommended for dry hair; blue clay is used for hair growth. Use the following recommendations to make a clay shampoo:
5. Choose the clay you need and mix a few tablespoons of clay with warm water until the consistency of sour cream. You may also add a few drops of your favourite essential oil. Spread this “shampoo” over the entire length of the hair and massage into the roots. You can leave it for some time for maximum effect or wash off immediately. Rinse hair with acidified water (with lemon juice or vinegar).
And finally herbal shampoo! Before making this extremely aromatic and useful shampoo we have to decide what herbs each type of hair needs. So let’s start! For normal hair choose: chamomile (fair hair), red clover (fair hair), calendula (fair hair), horsetail (fair hair), rosemary, lavender flowers; for dry hair: red clover (fair hair), sambuca flowers (fair hair), chamomile flowers (fair hair), calendula (fair hair), lavender flowers; for greasy hair: lemongrass, viola root, burdock leaves, rosemary leaves, nettle leaves, mint leaves, tea tree leaves; for hard curly hair: sage, sophora root, nettle leaves, rosemary leaves, lavender flowers; herbs for hair loss: sage, nettle leaves, basil leaves, rosemary leaves, tea tree leaves, lavender flowers; anti-dandruff herbs: nettle leaves, comfrey leaves, lemongrass, white willow bark, mint leaves; use sage, basil leaves, rosemary leaves, nettle leaves for hair growth.
Now, when you know what herbs your type of hair requires, it is important to understand that we are making a natural herbal shampoo, so no other cosmetic products, or artificial additives should not be present in its composition. And here’s the recipe:
6. You will need: 2 tablespoons of castile soap; 2 drops of any essential oil; 1 teaspoon of almond oil; 1 cup of distilled water; 1 cup of (fresh or dried) herbs. Important: the recipe of homemade herbal shampoo should include herbs appropriate for your hair type. You can use several types of herbs, but the total volume must be no more than one cup.
In advance, prepare a bottle where you will store your shampoo.
Now, mix 1 cup of prepared herbs with distilled water and bring it to a boil. Cool and strain the resulting infusion. Now with the help of a fork mix well the remaining components of our shampoo: castile soap, essential oil and almond oil (you can do it in a bowl). Then add to the mix the infusion of herbs and pour the everything in a shampoo bottle.
Following the example of this recipe you can prepare any shampoo, the main thing is to choose the right herb, which is suitable for your hair type.
As you see homemade shampoos are affordable and easy to cook. Try yourself and enjoy results! Be healthy! Be beautiful!