Swedish bitters is a blend of medicinal herbs, which when combined and mixed with alcohol result an active ingredient that is therapeutic and healing. Swedish bitters have many benefits. Some of the benefits are: soothe the digestive tract, purifies blood, helps to promote sleep, calms and strengthens nerves, helps to speed wound healing, helps to stimulate blood circulation.
To begin the preparation of the Swedish Bitters you will need:
- Swedish Bitters dry herbal mix
- Vodka with 38% - 40% alcohol
- Empty glass container with a tight closing lid that would fit 1.75 litters of liquid
- Open bag with Swedish Bitters herbs and place in a glass container.
- Add 1.75 to 2.00 litters (about 60 to 70 oz) of vodka, fruit or grain brandy, stir and close the air tight lid of the glass container.
- Leave your mixture in the dark place from 14 to 30 days or more (the longer the Swedish Bitters mixture sits, the more potent it will be) shaking or stirring daily.
- After 14 to 30 days or more, drain the liquid elixir in a separate clean container (preferably glass container) through a strainer and store it in a cool, dark place.
- Swedish Bitters are suitable for consumption for up to 36 months from the date of preparation. It’s recommended that the balm is stored in a cool place for up to 3 years.
There are different blends of medicinal herbs used to make a Swedish Bitters. You can also purchase commercially made Swedish Bitters elixirs in different health and food stores.
WE SELL TWO TYPES OF SWEDISH BITTERS MIXES:
Watch a Video on How to Make Swedish Bitters:
Alcohol Free Swedish Bitters - prepared as a tea, for those that are intolerant to alcohol.
Most of the Swedish Bitters are usually made with 40% alcohol using vodka as a base. If you are intolerant to alcohol, there is possibly less effective but alternative way to prepare Swedish Bitters in a form of an herbal tea.
Even though alcohol is the most effective way to make Swedish Bitters, it can also be prepared as an herbal tea.
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE SWEDISH BITTERS TEA:
- Open bag with Swedish Bitters Ingredients and blend them together in one container.
- Take about two teaspoons of the dry Swedish Bitters ingredients and place them in a teapot.
- Use about 5 cups of boiling water and poor in a teapot with Swedish bitters herbs.
- Stir frequently, and when it’s cooled store it in a fridge.
- Add two tablespoons of the cooled Swedish Bitters tea into a cup of boiled warm water and drink twice per day. You can also mix the cooled Swedish Bitters tea with a juice using same proportions.
- Shelf life of the Swedish Bitters tea is about 3 - 5 days, so when making a tea, do not make more then you can consumer in 3 - 5 days.