Great Swedish Bitters - Product of Germany
Great Swedish Bitters - Product of Germany
Ingredients: Angelica Root, Aloes, Common Club Moss, Pimpinella, Carline Thistle, Speedwell, Althaea Root, Gentian Root, Calamus Root, Camphor, Rock Candy (Sucrose and Water), Mistletoe, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Rhubarb Root, Saffron, Senna Leaves, Ginkgo, Theriaca (Valerian Root, Cinnamon, Cardamom), Tormetilla Root, Wormwood, Cinnamon Bark
Weight: 210 gr
- Open package with Swedish Bitters herbs and pour in a glass container (2 litters of more) with a sealable lid.
- Combine with 1.75 to 2.00 liters (60 to 70 oz) of vodka, fruit or grain brandy - at least 38% ALC (76 PROOF).
- Infuse for 20 - 30 days, stirring daily.
- Strain and store mixture in a sealable glass container.
Swedish Bitters are usually made using alcohol. But, if you have alcohol intolerance, make a Swedish Bitters tea.
- Open package with Swedish Bitters herbs, take 2 tsp and pour them in a teapot.
- Combine with 5 cups (40 fl oz) of boiling water, stir and let it brew for 7-10 min.
- Strain and when its cooled store mixture in a fridge, in a sealable glass container.
Shelf life of the Swedish Bitters tea is about 3 – 5 days, so when making a tea, do not make more then you can consumer in 3 – 5 days.
Take a teaspoon of Swedish Bitters 2 – 4 times daily before meal. If the taste of the Swedish Bitters Mix is to bitter, dilute it with herbal tea, water or juice.
WHAT IS SWEDISH BITTERS?
Swedish Bitters is a herbal mix that helps fight various diseases; an infusion can be taken for pain or problems in the digestive tract, for the normalization of digestion, helps to cleanse liver and blood and some say it was effective as a treatment for Candida. Can be helpful in the treatment of allergies, skin conditions and some hemorrhoids. Swedish Bitters has also been used as a mild laxative tonic. Taking Swedish Bitters may help those who suffer with inflammation such as arthritis, swollen joints and sprains. There are also reviews, testimonies and recommendations that this specific tinctures of herbs can clean the body of toxins.
In addition, the reception of bitterness helps to cope with the symptoms of some diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite, heaviness in the stomach, bloating, heartburn, constipation, etc.).
One of the main functions of the Swedish Bitters is to promote secretion of pancreatic and gastric juices and soothe the digestive tract. Swedish Bitters stimulates liver functions and promotes secretion of bile from the liver that serves to emulsify or break down dietary fat and clear cholesterol out of our body. Having a healthy liver will enhance the overall digestion process and prevent bloating and flatulence and ensures a smooth nutrient absorption.
HISTORY OF SWEDISH BITTERS
The Swedish Bitters name, at first seems likely that the ingredients come from the country of Sweden (Swedish), but this is not the case. The name derives from the Swedish physicians Dr. Claus (Klaus) Samst. The elixir is said to be the creation of Swiss physician, Dr. Phillipus Paracelsus, who practiced in the 1500s. However, it wasn’t until the 18th century that it was formally labelled Swedish Bitters by Swedish physicians - Dr. Claus (Klaus) Samst.
The mixture with the different medicinal herbs was already long known in the family of the Swedish health-care professionals, but forgotten.
The physicians, Dr. Claus (Klaus) and Dr. Urban Samst Hjärn found this in the 18 Century, returned and helped many people with different problems and illnesses.
It is believed that the formulation of a similar drug also belongs to the physician Philippus Theophrastus Bombast von Hohenheim Aureolus (short: Paracelsus), who lived in the 16th Century and suffered much of a criticism from pharmacists and doctors, despite his successes in Herbalism, it was considered as an alternative to traditional medicine.
Dr. Samst died at the age of 104 years in a riding accident. It is said that his ancestors lived a long life and have reached a biblical age.
A renaissance of Swedish Bitters herbs was done by Maria Treben that examined Samst’s “old manuscript” which detailed the efficacy of the bitters on over 40 medical conditions. Maria Treben published the recipe of the mixture in her book "Health from God's Pharmacy", which remarkably run out of over eight million copies. Her specialty was herbal medicine and alternative treatment methods (for the priest and Hydotherapeut Sebastian Kneipp).
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SWEDISH BITTERS*
- If suffering from headache, of feeling dizzy, smelling the Swedish Bitters herbs, or moistening the head with diluted Swedish Bitters with water can be helpful.
- Placing a piece of cloth moistened in the Swedish Bitters tincture on your eye lids can help to reduce eyes inflammation, eyes redness and help with blurriness.
- Sores and scabs on your body might disappear and get cured if moistened with the Swedish Bitters tincture.
- If suffering from a toothache, dilute a tablespoon of Swedish Bitters tincture with a glass of warm water, and rinse your mouth and teeth, it should help to reduce toothache.
- In case of a sore throat take a tablespoon of Swedish Bitters tincture three times per day internally. Rinsing your sore throat with the Swedish Bitters tincture is also very helpful.
- If you have stomach-cramps, taking a tablespoon of the Swedish Bitters tincture is very helpful.
- In the event of a sudden stomach pain, take 2 - 3 tablespoons of Swedish Bitters tincture internally.
- If having a painful menstrual period, its helpful to take 1 tablespoon of red wine with a few drops of Swedish Bitters tincture in the morning on an empty stomach, for the period of 3 consecutive days. You can have breakfast 30 minutes after taking Swedish Bitters, but do not consume milk.
- Swedish Bitters tincture helps to cool the liver and to prevent inflammation.
- Swedish Bitters tincture can help with indigestion and dehydration problems.
- Using Swedish Bitters tincture can help to clear clogged arteries, can help with the kidneys problems, or if suffering from melancholia and sweating.
- Swedish Bitters tincture can help if suffering from internal and/or external hemorrhoid knots and to relieve burning sensation. Moist a cloth with Swedish Bitters tincture and place it over the hemorrhoids overnight.
- When having body aches or feeling weak and powerless take a tablespoon of Swedish Bitters tincture.
- Apply Swedish Bitters tincture to wounds for faster healing.
- The Swedish Bitters tincture can help to cure ulcers, deep cracked skin on hands and warts.
- In case of insect-bites moistening effected area with Swedish Bitters tincture might help, if used immediately.
- Using Swedish Bitters tincture can help to restore appetite.
- If you are suffering from arthritis pain, rub your lymph nodes with Swedish Bitters tincture twice a days, in the morning and at night.
- Swedish Bitters tincture can help with frostbites on hands and/or feet.
- Swedish Bitters tincture can help to heal animal bites.
- Use Swedish Bitters tincture to get rid of calluses.
- Take a tablespoon of Swedish Bitters before going to bed if suffering from insomnia.
- You will improve digestion, and overall health of your body when using Swedish Bitters tincture daily, every morning and evening.
- Skin to be treated should first be carefully greased with something like marigold or calendula ointment, so that there will be no irritation or burns to the skin from using Swedish Bitters.
- Soak a cotton ball in Swedish Bitter and apply it to the area that needs a treatment. Dispose used cotton piece after each application, to avoid the contamination.
- The cotton ball soaked in Swedish Bitters can be left applied on the treated skin area for 2-4 hours by securing it with a gauze bandage over the wound depending on the symptoms, or even for all night. After removing the cotton ball, let the skin air dry. If your skin is very sensitive and gets easily irritated, leave cotton ball on the treated area of the skin for a shorter period of time. DO NOT forget to apply ointment to the skin.
- You can also use Swedish Bitters to reduce all types of inflammations by applying Swedish Bitters mixture to the affected areas.
- If you are suffering from a sinus infection, apply and rub Swedish Bitters onto your forehead and over the bridge of your nose several times a day. The essential oils used in the mix will help to kill the bacteria causing the infection; Swedish Bitters mix also helps to thin the mucus clogging the sinuses and promotes drainage of the sinuses.
- If you have hemorrhoids, apply diluted Swedish Bitters several times a day to the affected area. Before bedtime, soak a cotton ball in a diluted Swedish Bitters Mix with water and secure it to the effected area.
- If you suffer from tonsillitis, use the Swedish Bitters to fight the tonsils infections. Mix 1 teaspoon of Swedish Bitters elixir with warm water and gargle with a mix twice a day.
- If you need to improve your digestion or ease stomach cramps or constipation, take 2 teaspoons of Swedish Bitters in the morning and evening before meals.
- To use Swedish Bitters for blood-purifying or soothing properties, or to treat skin problems, gastric bloating, gall bladder diseases and heartburn - take 1 teaspoon of Swedish Bitters 30 minutes before and 30 after the meals.
- To maintain health digestion, take 1 teaspoon of Swedish Bitters 30 minutes before each meal, but no more then 3 times per day.
Please Note: The aloe used in Swedish Bitters mix can for some act like a laxative. Pregnant women should also avoid using Swedish Bitters because it can cause uterine contractions or damage to the fetus. Kids before 12 years of age should also avoid using Swedish Bitters. Swedish Bitters can also have negative effect on any medication that you might be using. Always consult your doctor before using Swedish Bitters.
Published by WellbeingHerbs